Losing belly fat is one of the most common goals people have when it comes to weight loss. Losing fat can have a very significant positive impact on your physical and mental health. The six strategies below will focus solely on reducing the fat around your waist.
Drink A Glass Of Warm Water
Warm water has many benefits for your body. A glass of warm water with lemon in the morning breaks down fat in the body and helps the digestive system burn them. You can also add a teaspoon of honey instead of lemon to it. This remedy is effective when taken first thing in the morning. A glass of warm water 30 minutes before the meal and an hour after every meal helps manage calorie intake. Cumin water also helps in reducing belly fat. This spice is widely used in the Indian kitchen. Boil 1 tsp cumin in 1 liter of water. Drink one glass at a time in a day.
Yoga is one of the most effective methods of toning and nourishing one’s body. It is a holistic approach. Several asanas help in reducing belly fat and toning the body. Some of them are:
This asana helps in strengthening abdominal muscles and relaxing the lower back. To perform it, one should follow the steps given below:
- Lie on the floor facing down.
- Put your hands next to your shoulders.
- Stretch your legs back, toes straight and top of the feet touching the floor.
- Lift the upper part of your body while inhaling. Hold it to the count of 10, then release and return to the lying position while exhaling.
- Repeat this asana at least ten times a day, then increase over time.
Do not perform it if you have any back issues. To perform it, one should follow the steps given below:
- Sit down in a kneel-down position, hands on your buttocks.
- Slowly bend backward and touch your heels with your hands. Do not strain your neck.
- Hold it for one minute, then release it and come back in a kneel-down position.
This asana works on the front tummy and side muscles and strengthens them. To perform it, follow these steps:
- Lie down on the floor facing the ceiling.
- Lie straight, have hands-on sides, and relax your shoulders.
- Slowly raise your hands and legs together, making an angle of 45 degrees. The body should form a V shape. Hold it for 60 seconds, then release.
It is best to practice these asanas on an empty stomach in the morning for better results. Be consistent and also exercise deep breathing.
Walk 30 mins to 1 hour daily. A brisk walk or walking on an inclined surface helps burn more fat, hence reducing belly size. If you do not like to go for a walk, try to enroll yourself in any activity like dancing, swimming, aerobics, etc. Cycling and jogging are also effective ways to reduce belly fat.
Right Food At The Right Time
Do not follow crash diets as they deprive your body of the essential nutrients and thus weakens your immune system. People end up eating more calories once the crash diet is over and further increasing weight in the future. Try to regulate your meals and have a balanced diet. Do not skip breakfast, as after 6- 8 hours of sleep, your stomach is empty, and your body needs the energy to start the day. A protein-rich breakfast provides you with the necessary power, keeps your stomach full for a longer period, and helps avoid unnecessary cravings.
Burning belly fat isn’t an easy thing to do. You have to strive harder to say bye-bye to your love handles. Drinking lukewarm water, reducing sugar, physical exercise or yoga, avoiding alcohol, and eating the right amount of food at the right time are all some of the effective ways of burning belly fat.